Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Sunday, March 4, 2007

This year is weird

What in the world is going on this year? The strangest, most bizarre things keep happening to us and our friends. I found out Thursday that we're going to have move out of our office at the end of the year. Yesterday our long ride was filled with such wind that K titled her blog "Toto, Where are you?". :) It was one of those rides that you just keep fighting and fighting and fighting the wind and never seem to get anywhere. All our lungs are just trashed this morning from allergies, dust, etc. Oh yeah, that's the other part. I don't know where in the world all that snot can come from! My word. It never stopped during the whole ride, or this morning's run. Then, last night, Sara (one of our training buddies) got hit on the freeway with a hit-and-run! Luckily, she's okay. But, man. And the weirdest, saddest part of this year is the "C" word. Cancer. 3 of my friends have been diagnosed already this year. Not to end this entry on a downer, but it's weighing heavily on my heart. Read K's blog for a long description of T's ordeal. And I'm encouraging my writer friend C to turn her experience into a book. I think she can help people get through it. This lady is so tough that she has the docs put the chemo needles in the side of her hand so she can interview people as they undergo treatment and take notes. I think we could all learn a lot about what life means from her. And how attitude really is everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had to set up a User account to comment on your blog. Maybe I will start doing this, too! How do you do the photos and all that? Anyway, it is weird, all the stuff going on this year. I hope I am not one of the "C" statistics, but whatever happens, I hope that I can be strong, too. Right now, not knowing is frustrating!