Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Down for the Count

Well, my throat has gotten the better of me the last few days. I don't know exactly what's going on, but I have some sort of sinus infection/sore throat/man I don't feel good kinda thing going on. I haven't been able to train since Wednesday. It's weird - my body doesn't know what to do. I feel crappy, but yet I have a ton of energy looking to go for a run. How does that happen at the same time?

So, for the first time EVER, I am skipping my brick workout today. After skipping a ride/run Thursday, and I'll also skip my swim this afternoon. And you know what? It's going to be okay. Next week is a recovery week on the bike, so I'll pick it up there and continue to build. Just keep telling yourself - it'll be fine - it'll be fine - it'll be fine....

1 comment:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Let's here it for recovery weeks!
Hey, thanks for stopping in last week and I'm glad you like you pillow. Thank your wife... she made a sweet donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in order to get me to make it for you!

Hope you're feeling better - blogland is full of sick people lately; but now that spring is officially here, hopefully we've all had our fair share of illness and will rock the triathlon world this season.
Jenny