Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm Baaaaaack

Good news, I'm back to feeling normal. I ended up having 3 days in a row off from exercise, and 1 day of (very) sub-par performance. But, as the week went on, I'm doing much better. Part of the reason is the fund raising I mentioned a couple weeks ago for Komen For the Cure. We set up a website here, managed to get some news coverage from our local NBC affiliate, and so far have raised over $2200!!!! The news also did a really good story on our friend Tonsa, so hopefully we helped with the "awareness" campaign. Initially we were thinking we'd raise at least $500, so we've gone WAY beyond that!!!

Today is our relay race. 12 people (+1 inspirational leader in Tonsa), 189 miles, about 27 hours. Updates coming tomorrow night as to how it went. Pictures, too. I"ll have K teach me how to drop pictures into this thing to add more life.

No comments: