Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Mid-Week Post??????

I know it's not like me to post mid-week, but I just had to share this one with you. What's wrong with this picture?











Could it be that a part is missing?





Here's the story. We were about 50 minutes in to a 2 hour Tuesday ride, traveling at about 26-27mph on a slight descent when I hit a bump. Upon striking said bump, my right arm rest was gone!!! K was right behind me, and she said it kinda flew by her head. Luckily, neither one of us ended up with misc. bike parts hitting wheels or anything. It was a little crazy for a second, but I managed to stop without incident.

So, K posted that she thought the holiday weight gain may have been an okay thing. My arm rest might disagree. Turns out I sheared off the bolt that holds it in place. Somebody must have been putting a leeetle extra pressure on the arm rests... ;)

1 comment:

Bigun said...

I've sheared mine too....gotta keep them tight, I think. LBS had a spare...I watched them take out the bolt...used a drimmel to make a slot for a screwdriver, soaked some wd40 or the like on it for a while, and out it came. could have done it myself.

sure looked funny riding along all cockeyed....