Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Monday, February 11, 2008

1 Down, 19 to go!

So, I survived week one of training for the 2008 Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon. Here are the stats for the week:

Swim: 5000m
Bike: 107.5 miles
Run: 17.8 miles

As I mentioned in a previous post, the week started a little rough. But I switched my Friday off for a Monday off, and did all my workouts. I'm very happy about that! And I will be VERY ready for a rest day on Friday.

This week my bike drops down, but swim and run bump up a bit. The swim is the only sport I'm having any trouble doing the distance. I was a little burned out on following that black line back and forth last year, so I pretty much got out of swimming shape. I get my schedule from Mark Allen Online, and he is very fond of long swims, so I know I'll make up for lost time.

Feels good to be back to being a triathlete. I even shaved off my "winter coat" of hair yesterday, and now I even look the part. :)

2 comments:

Bigun said...

nice start...keep it up!

SWTrigal said...

I'm right there with ya!19 doesn't sound like much does it?