Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's ON!!!

Training for Ironman Coeur d'Alene started this week! Well, pre-training started at the beginning of the year, but the official 20 week schedule started this week. How did it start? Not so well...

First off - congratulations to the New York Giants. They earned that game and deserve to be champions. Bravo. The bad news is that K was driving, and I was really into the game and what it stood for. So, I wasn't really paying attention to how much I was drinking. Or that I really hadn't eaten much after my 10mile run in the morning. I think we all know where this is going. So, my training for this session started with, believe it or not, a REST DAY!?!?!? Not by choice, but I was in no shape to go to the pool. The rest of the gym goers would thank me for that if they knew.

So, rough start. But. There are 140 days of training. I just shortened it to 139. :) Yesterday the bike was a bit rough - flat, lots and lots of red lights. But my run was fantastic! It was a tempo run and I was fast and effortless. Very, very happy about that.

This year I'm going to be more specific about training, distances, all of it. Yesterday we rode 32 miles and I ran 5 miles. Here we go!!!!

1 comment:

Papa Tweet said...

Two years ago when I started my Ironman training for IMAZ, my first session was a bike ride with Commodore. The ride went really well and I was really excited to be on my way toward Iron. That same evening, I went to my high school reunion...at a tequila bar...in Scottsdale. Let's just say that I committed the proverbial sin of getting wasted at my high school reunion. I passed out in my friends front yard, lost my wallet, and had to drive 12 hours to Utah the next morning. So yea, not a stellar start to my Ironman training. But I still finished. I think you'll be OK. Just don't make it a habit. For you, I think that means not to go to Mexico too often.