Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Monday, June 11, 2007

Taper

Momo made a comment on my last post, and she's right.

9. The 9th day of June is the day it all came together. Now, on to the taper!

So, we had a great 5 hour ride on Saturday June 9th. K tried to derail her race yet again, and take me with her this time, but I think she survived. We rode just under 90 miles, climbed a total of just under 5000feet (according to Garmin), and finished before it reached 100 degrees out. It's Taper Time!

So, many books and advice that I've read suggest that you tell someone your goals. Make them known, and the universe will line up to help you achieve them, is the theory. Well, universe, I'm going to put it all out there. For the next week or so I will be posting a new goal for IronMan Coeur d' Alene on June 24th, 2007 every day. I have 5 primary race goals, in increasing difficulty. The legendary Mark Allen taught me this. Have multiple goals, that way you always have something to strive for. If you only have only one goal, and you get a flat or something that renders your one goal impossible, you have nothing left to push you forward, nothing to gain. Makes sense, so I go crazy with goals. This is how the posts will go:

Tues Jun 12: Goal #5 for IM CDA

Wed Jun 13: Goal #4 for IM CDA

Thurs Jun 14: Goal #3 for IM CDA

Fri Jun 15: Goal #2 for IM CDA

Sat Jun 16: Goal #1 for IM CDA

Sun Jun 17: Swim Goals for IM CDA

Mon Jun 18: Bike Goals for IM CDA

Tues Jun 19: Run Goals for IM CDA

More posts will follow from CDA, once we arrive. The excitement and anticipation is already starting to build. I can't wait!!

No comments: