Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Monday, June 18, 2007

ADD & IM CDA Bike Goals

Okay, I am completely out of control today. My mind is 1000 different places at once. I guess the taper is catching up to me! :) I feel like I have lost complete control of my brain and my attention span, which, tri-dogmom will confirm, is generally pretty short anyway. That's part of the reason I'm so publicly announcing my goals for the race. It helps me focus to concentrate on the numbers and the goals, and the biology/science of the whole thing. If I start thinking about completing a task so monumental as IronMan with 5 of my friends, and most importantly my wife, I'll be a complete wreck. So, let's get back to the numbers before I get all emotional or something. As a reminder, I have 5 goals for each sport, plus 5 overall goals, so that no matter what happens, I can have a goal or two left to keep me going and moving towards that finish line...

IMCDA Bike Goals:
#5: Finish (seeing a pattern here?)
#4: No Flats. I flatted in Wisconsin and it cost me 15 minutes.
#3: 6:15:00 (primary goal). Also, this is 18mph average at 6:13:20. I think I can do this.
#2: 6:00:00 A stretch, but possible
#1: 5:50:00 Like all my top tier goals, the universe will need to align to help me on this one.

So there you have it, my 5 IMCDA bike goals.

Maybe I should come up with my 5 IM keep myself sane goals to quiet my mind...

No comments: