Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Friday, July 27, 2007

Surgery

I'm recovering from surgery today. All seems to have gone well, and I'm soon to be back on the road to IronMan. Thanks to the pain meds, I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not, but I'm signed up for Coeur d'Alene 2008! I have a run to avenge there, and I can't wait to get back on that beautiful course. My friend ironbenny summed up a bit of ironman in his post today, it's worth taking a minute to read it. I feel the same as he in many ways. And I'm thrilled he's racing here so we can support him!!!! If you've read our race reports you know that we spent a fair amount of time together on the CDA course this year. Though we were both a bit of a "mess" at the time, you can learn a lot about someone as they push themselves beyond their limits. Benny may have had a tough time training, but he proved without question that his is an IronMan, and all that goes with it.

So, for now, I'm going to try to keep the dogs from jumping on my stomach, keep the pain meds in me, and try to relax for a few days. I'm also counting down the days to when I can run again - it's been way too long...

6 comments:

momo said...

the way my training has been going lately, we'll be starting up just at the same time. :-) just like old times.

glad you're up a bit and that the surgery went well!

Bigun said...

heal well...CdA approacheth...

Unknown said...

hope you're feeling better!!!

The Stretch Doc said...

linkd over from da Bigun..

get better and take it easy coming back.. and See you at IMCdA!

rockon`

Spokane Al said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend and once again headed back to IM CDA.

Papa Tweet said...

Shane,
Thanks for the shout out. I'll also be there at CDA to cheer you on. So glad to hear you are signed up. You will tear it up, I know it. You tore it up on the bike, and you had a hernia! That was a ballsy, scrath that, gutsy, scratch that, heroic performance.

Take care of yourself. I know you are eager to train again, but after a few more weeks of recovery, you will be so excited to train for CDA that you will lessen your risk for burnout. Be good, and remember, CDA is still 11 months away. Plenty of time to prepare. Later Shane