Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Friday, July 6, 2007

Surgery

It's official, I have a hernia. I will be having surgery in probably a couple weeks. I had one about 4 years ago, on the other side, so the dr promises that this will be it. He's a great doctor, and actually understands athletes, so I didn't have to explain why I was into tri and IronMan training, just that I was. He said it would be a few weeks before I could restart activity, then probably another month before I felt "right", and at full strength. Guess it's time for a mid-season off season break...

To be honest, I'm actually happy with the diagnosis. Any other problems causing pain in that particular part of the body sound much, much worse than a hernia.

2 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Glad to hear it my friend. Enjoy your time off.

Bigun said...

my buddy Luke got a hernia lugging his 3 year old daughter across the finish line through the sand...cute, but as it turns out, painful. He didn't even know it happend; a few days later he's got an outie...and I think next week goes in for surgery - so his season's blown. He's not happy about the time off, but what can you do. good luck with your healing, and, oh yea, Community slot, community slot...