Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Back in the Saddle... For Now

I went for my first bike ride after IM CDA this morning! It went okay, only a little over an hour, so it was pretty short. I could definitely feel the hernia was there, but it didn't bother me too badly. I think the race really flared up some serious inflammation, and I've had lingering discomfort in my abdomen, but it seems to have really calmed down over the last week or so. So, time to get back on the bike. :) The road bike - I don't think I'm ready for aero position yet - but it was nice to get out there. Well, it's about 90 degrees and really humid (at 6am), and it seems to have rained last night, but still is was great to get out there.

We rode with "the newbies", so it was good to see them. OKay, the truth is that I'm the only one home already, they're still riding so "rode" only applies to me. They are great friends and we haven't seen them since they went all the way to Idaho to cheer us on for the race. Thanks, guys, it was great to have you there.

My surgery had to get pushed back a week, so it looks like I'm going in towards the end of the month. I very much wanted it to be done in July, so I'm okay with that. Get it fixed and over with, then back to the training!!!! In a sick and twisted way, I kinda miss getting up before light every day to work out...

1 comment:

Bigun said...

you are twisted!