Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Monday, February 19, 2007

VO2 Max Testing

The first 2 weeks of training are behind me, and a VO2 max test facing me first thing in the morning! Everyone else in our training group has gotten the test, so now it's my turn! The weird thing is that I'm not allowed to work out tonight, and the test takes like 11-12 minutes. You go all out at the end, from what I hear, but it's still only a very short period of time. So, over the next 24+ hours, I will only work out for 12 minutes. I am going to have a TON of energy built up for my afternoon workout tomorrow! I feel bad for everyone at work. I guess this means that the training is getting to be habit. I'm craving the next workout, looking forward to the challenges, and getting (a little) better at dragging myself out of bed before anyone else is up. In the city. Okay, it's not that bad, but it feels that way sometimes...

So, I'll let you know what I find out at my VO2 test tomorrow. If they tell me I need to lower my zones, I will be very disappointed. As many of you know, you have to slow down quite a bit to go from shorter races to endurance racing. Well, I went from running 8ish minute miles to 10ish minute miles. It hurts to run at that pace and tri-dog mom takes every opportunity to let me know that I look awkward running like that. After a couple years, I've gotten more used to it, but I still prefer the speedier stuff! So, wish me luck...