Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! This is one of those days when it's just okay to skip the evening workout in order to have dinner with your sweetie. In my case, Tri-DogMom. Of course, she can still do all her workouts during the day, but we won't hold it against her. I still get to run with my training partner, Baxter, in the morning though. He's the red dog in the picture. His little sister Abby goes with us now, but it's Bub (one of Baxter's many nicknames) that I really enjoy to run with. We have been running partners for over 3 years now, and it's kinda weird to run without him at this point. If he had his choice, that stupid bike would sit in the garage and the stupid swim goggles would just go away. Then we could run every day!

It's almost embarassing to admit, but he seems to actually understand that our medals are related to running. At least, when we come home from a race, he gets very proud of himself to wear the medal. We convince ourselves he knows what it is. One of these days I want to get him a medal of his own, then he'll know for sure. He runs anywhere from 10 or 12 to 25 or so miles per week, so he deserves it!

Enough about the dog, this is Valentine's day after all. It's one of those times when we take the opportunity to really appreciate our partners. Well, Tri-Dogmom, you mean the world to me. She will be the first to tell anyone that I couldn't hardly dress myself without her, and she's right. I was lucky to finally find someone who understands and accepts me for who I am. I make her crazy sometimes, but deep down I know she realizes that it's just me. So, thanks babe, we make a great team. And, so you know, I think about this every day, not just the days that I'm supposed to buy flowers.







Oh crap.... better go buy flowers!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Yeah, didnt get flowers for my sweetie tonight,,,but a card, sushi (which she said she wanted) and dark chocolate covered strawberries did the trick.