Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

2 Days in a Row!

I just worked out 2 days in a row!!! Before I get too excited, I have to remind myself that I struggled to run 2 miles yesterday, and Benny's swimming loss of 5seconds/100 would be a miracle right now. I swam a whole 500m, and was exhausted. I think I was down about 10-15 seconds/100. What's the deal? You stop exercising for, oh, 2 months or so and your fitness goes away? hee hee hee

All joking aside, I'm starting to feel like myself again. Although the distances are a far cry from IM training, I knew I would have to start slow. Plus, it didn't hurt too badly. The run more than the swim. Well, during the swim it hurt quite a bit, but not after. On Saturday I'm going to get on the bike for the first time since surgery. Next thing you know I'm going to be spouting off about those 5 hour rides again!

Happy Shane is making a comeback...

6 comments:

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

The LaPan house will be back to normal again.... We ALL can't wait :-)

Anonymous said...

Hurray on your two miles. I started running again this week, too!! Toni and Bruce and I are going to ride easy from Papago on Saturday morning if you want to join us...a "easing back into it" ride it will be!!

Spokane Al said...

It is good to hear that you are back on the road once again.

momo said...

i'm glad you're back! i need a riding buddy!!

Papa Tweet said...

Just so you know, I've regained my 5 sec/100 already. Amazing how quickly it comes back. You'll see. However, I thought the doc let you train only if it didn't hurt? Did you mention pain during the swim? I'm just sayin!

Di said...

so glad you are on the road to IronMan again!!