Please Visit My New Triathlon Website

Ironshane

Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 4 and 1 Crazy Relay

Ironman Coeur d'Alene Training Totals for Week 4:

Swim: 4500m
Bike: 66.2mi
Run: 27.3mi

If you compare the totals to last week, you'll see that swim and bike went down. That's because of the Ragnar Relay Del Sol race over the weekend. The basic story is that you get 12 people, 2 vans, lots of food, maybe an air freshener, and run a relay race over 24 hours or so. Each person runs 3 times. My legs were 4.5 miles, 6.2 miles, and 6.8 miles, and I ran at about 1:45pm Friday, 12:30am Saturday, and 6:30am Saturday. Our team finished at just after 1pm on Saturday, 24hours and 4or5 minutes total.

What a blast. It doesn't necessarily sound like it would be a lot of fun, but it really is. Lots of laughing, lots of driving, NO Sleeping, and beer at the finish line. What more can you ask for? Well, the beer could have been free, and the horrible, horrible band at the finish could have had a power outage, but other than that it's a great time! :)

So, I missed one swim and one bike ride to complete the race. But, I..was...FAST!!!! Like really, really fast. I went all out. It was great. I follow MarkAllenOnline training, which is fully aerobic in this stage of training, so it was nice to let loose and tear it up. Hopefully it will kick start my fitness a bit as well.

Swim jumps up this week, and I already did my long swim today at 3000m. No looking back now. I am getting very excited for this Ironman.

1 comment:

Bigun said...

keep up the excitement...it's gonna be blast!